For Sale By Owner - Flat Fee MLS
You're here because you're selling. Most likely for sale by owner. Who on earth wants to pay those insane Realtor fees just to sell your home? Honestly? I don't know anyone and I've been at this 35 years. Selling for sale by owner is a great thing but one's home is usually the single, largest asset. So, this deserves careful navigation as there are many possible pitfalls that in the end could cost you, the seller selling for sale by owner dearly.
If you really want to sell for sale by owner, here are some considerations for you to think about:
- What is a fair price to do for sale by owner?
- What sort of ideal condition does my home have to be to do for sale by owner?
- Who prepares the offer doing for sale by owner?
- How is my home showing if I do for sale by owner?
- Should I accept offers from Realtors that bring me a buyer if I do for sale by owner?
- How do I handle contingencies doing for sale by owner?
- How is closing handled if I do for sale by owner?
- Who orders titlework, what is it and do I need it if I do for sale by owner?
These are but a few questions you need to ask yourself if you go it along selling for sale by owner. Selling for sale by owner can be a daunting task for sure!
The alternatives to selling for sale by owner:
- List with a local Realtor ( and pay huge commissions, typically 6%)
- Do a flat fee mls listing (only pay a small fee at the time you list. If you sell for sale by owner then you owe NO commission. If a Realtor brings you the buyer only pay that Realtor their half, usually 2% to 3%). This method saves you half of the commission worst case. Best case you find your own buyer for sale by owner and PAY NO COMMISSION :). The is the obvious, best choice as you have the best of both worlds, being listed AND being for sale by owner.
The Bottom line
If you can sell for sale by owner, the more power to you. If you can't sell for sale by owner then a great choice is to do a flat fee mls listing. A flat fee mls listing give you the same mls listing as you'd get with any Realtor. Remember, there is only one MLS in a given geographical area. Realtors cannot discriminate on listings. Once you're listed, you're listed.
Also, after you're listed your listing automatically goes to all the great sites like Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Redin, C21, Keller Williams and a host of others! Doing a flat fee mls listing for sale by owner gets you all of the benefits of listing with a traditional Realtor. However, you pay a fraction of the cost!
I hope you find this information helpful. I've been doing flat fee mls listings for sale by owner for about 20 years now and over 6,000 listings. I believe I may have been the first Realtor doing flat fee mls listings for sale by owner in Michigan. I am here to guide you selling your home. Note too, I do full Realtor service listings as you can see from my home page.
Let me know if I can answer questions and help you save your hard earned equity in your home.
broker / owner
Kermath Realty LLC
email me / 734-649-4903 cell